If you’re planning your next school trip or group project, this is why we think you should go abroad.
For a little extra work, the benefit can vastly outweigh a domestic school trip. And, we’re here to support you every step of the way. From choosing the right trip to pre-departure, arrival, and time spent at your destination, our team is happy to help.
On top of ‘real-world’ experience, going overseas might just be the best learning mechanism imaginable for young people.
It can lead to personal development in the form of:
- Increased confidence, sense of curiosity, and independence
- Leadership and problem-solving skills
- A better understanding of global challenges
- First-hand engagement with the wider world
Not to mention, memories that will last a lifetime.
Keep reading to learn more, or book a consultation to discuss your next school trip with Projects Abroad.
Global citizenship is a key skill in modern societies. It provides a better understanding of cultures and communities around the world and closer to home.
To support this process, we’ve developed Reflective Journals. These help students to think more consciously about their time during their trip overseas.
Our journals cover everything about the destination, including basic phrases and more complex questions. Students are encouraged to think independently and discuss their experiences with others. Their journals will become a valuable memory from their time as well as a key milestone in their personal development.
Our Childcare and Community Programme in Tanzania is ideal for groups working towards global citizenship. On this trip, students work in Maasai schools and learn about their culture and traditions through social and cultural activities.
Safety First: Learning Outside of the Classroom Quality Badge and BS 8848
We pride ourselves on taking safety seriously. We understand trips abroad can carry extra risks and need a higher level of assessment. The Department for Education recommends, “Schools should make sure any organisation that is providing activities holds the LOtC Quality badge or similar local accreditation.”
Projects Abroad is a Learning Outside of the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge holder through the Expeditions Providers Association. This gives you the extra peace of mind that booking your educational travel with us is focused on ‘life-changing learning beyond the classroom’.
We are also fully certified to the BS 8848 Standard. This is the British Standard specifying what’s needed to understand and manage the risks associated with overseas adventure.
Small details can make a big difference when you’re travelling abroad with your school. All of our staff are fully trained and vetted and will support you throughout your trip from start to finish. They’ll meet you at the airport, check your accommodation before you arrive, and give you a thorough induction and safety briefing to ensure everything is smooth and you can enjoy the trip too!
See our Health and Safety booklet for Group trips.
The Projects Abroad Difference
Here’s what you can expect when booking a trip with us:
- Hassle-free: Projects Abroad are here to support you every step of the way. From risk assessments to finding the best accommodation for you, we take the stress out of the trip.
- Gold Standard of Support: From your first conversation, through to your time away and back again, we’re here to help. Our staff are vetted and trained, meaning you’re in safe hands from beginning to end.
- Make an impact: More than just a holiday, our projects focus on meaningful travel. You’ll become immersed in different cultures and explore new places before leaving a lasting positive impact.
Read about Capel Manor College's trip to Peru with 30 students and four staff.