We’re often asked “do I have to pay to join Projects Abroad?” The simple answer is – yes. We charge you a fee to take part in our projects. In return, we provide you with:
- a world-class support network, before, during, and after your trip
- a hassle-free project where everything is taken care of for you
- a project where you can be confident that you’ll be making a real impact
Here we’ll go into more detail about how our prices work, what you get for your money, and answer some common questions.
How much does it cost to join?
All of our projects require an initial deposit of €295 when you book. This comes off the total price and allows us to confirm your place. The rest is then due 1 month before you start.
Beyond this deposit, every project is priced differently. Each project has its own page on our website, where you’ll see the price listed. For example, you can see the price of our Childcare volunteering project in Ghana here.
You’ll also notice that the price gradually increases depending on how long you go for. For example, a 4 week project is not double the price of a 2 week one. This means that it’s always worth considering staying for longer if you have the time.
What’s included in the price?
Every project is different, so it’s worth checking out exactly what you want to do first. However, we’ve put together a general list that applies to most of our projects:
Included in the price:
- Food (three meals a day)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Full induction and orientation by an experienced staff member on arrival
- Transport to and from your work placement
- In-country support and 24-hour back-up from our team of full-time local staff
- Emergency assistance from our international emergency response team
- Project equipment and materials, including access to our database with thousands of resources
- Training and workshops from our experienced local staff
- Regular social events and community activities with other volunteers and interns
- Access to our local office with internet connection
- Certification of project completion
- Access to our alumni services and discounts
- Visa support and advice
- Fundraising support, including your own personalised fundraising website
- Pre-departure preparation by your own specialist Volunteer Advisor
- Personalised MyProjectsAbroad website, with all the information you need about your project, accommodation and destination
- A free cultural awareness course
- Membership to our volunteer social media groups, to share information and to get in touch
- Support to help you complete registration or internship documents, if applicable
Not included in the price:
- Visa costs (where applicable)
We can organise flights for you if you would like us to, and you can read about this here.
Extending your project
Please note that any extensions made after the start of a project will be charged at the ‘In-Country Extensions’ rate. This price also applies per week to children aged 4-14 years old accompanied by an adult.
For more information on the costs involved of extending while in destination, please contact us.
If you’re looking to take part in more than one project, visit more than one destination, or travel with a group or family, it’s always worth giving us a call. We’ll help you build an itinerary and we can normally offer you a discount too.
In addition to this, we offer specific discounts for members of our Alumni Network.
When you finish volunteering or interning with us you get two vouchers of 9000 Rupee towards a future project! You can choose to keep both alumni volunteer rewards for yourself, or keep one for yourself and give one to a friend, OR you can give them both away! Either way, we want to see you again.
Finding the funds for a volunteer project overseas can seem daunting. However, fundraising can be a fun and rewarding experience. To make this easier, we’ve put together a detailed Fundraising Guide, which gives you advice and suggestions on how to get started.
For further information about our prices, please contact us.