Is a gap year abroad right for me?
If you are a student interested in the opportunity to:
- Take a break and explore the world before heading to university
- Use your gap year to decide what you want to study and discover what field is a good fit for you
- Become more focused and grow as a person through travel
- Get a deeper insight into global issues and challenges
Then our Global Gap Year programme is for you. It’s a way for you to do something worthwhile and exciting before taking the step to higher education.
You’ll get to travel the world and experience different cultures. As a volunteer, you’ll work to address the needs of local communities while immersing yourself in a new way of life. You’ll gain hands-on experience in a range of different fields, from Conservation to Childcare.
You don’t need any previous experience to join our Global Gap programme. You’ll be supervised by local staff and receive a comprehensive introduction for each placement.
Gap year travel with a group provides you with a great support system and you’ll make friends for life. Our staff are also available to help 24/7 in each country, so that you can enjoy a hassle-free time abroad.
This trip takes place on fixed dates between September and May each year, and is open to all gap year students looking for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
How does the Global Gap Year programme work?
Our Global Gap Year programme is an organised group trip designed for students taking some time out before university. You’ll travel the world with other people your age for a total of 28 weeks, visiting five countries on three continents. We provide 24/7 staff support in each country and take care of all the details. All you need to do is focus on your volunteer work.
There are fixed dates for this trip, which includes a four week winter holiday over December and January. This is what your itinerary will look like:
- 20 September 2020 - 26 September 2020: Orientation in South Africa
- 27 September 2020 - 10 October 2020: Surfing in South Africa
- 11 October 2020 - 7 November 2020: Your choice of project in South Africa
- 8 November 2020 - 5 December 2020: Childcare and Building in Ghana
- Winter break at home
- 4 January 2021 - 6 March 2021: Teaching in Peru
- 7 March 2021 - 2 April 2021: Choose between the Himalayan Mountain Conservation Project or the Medicine Project in Nepal
- 3 April 2021 - 1 May 2021: Diving & Marine Conservation in Thailand
Your programme fee is all-inclusive and covers:
- Flights, including a round-trip ticket home for the winter break
- Food and accommodation
- Transfers to and from the airport in each country
- Various sightseeing tours and activities in each country
The Global Gap programme fee is 1,889,995 Rupee. You can apply for your place on the trip here.
What will I do on this Global Gap Year programme?
On this organised group gap year, you’ll get the chance to volunteer in five different countries. You’ll work closely with our local staff members, learning about issues that affect the local community. But it’s not all work and no play. You’ll also go sightseeing and experience the local culture.
This is what you will do around the world.
What are the goals of this Global Gap programme?
The main aim of this programme is to give you a rich cultural experience while supporting important community projects across the globe.
We believe in the importance of cultural exchange, which fosters greater understanding of others. On this 28-week trip, you’ll get to encounter people from all walks of life, as you live and work together. It’s an opportunity to learn from other people, share experiences, and make memories that will last for a lifetime.
In each of the countries you visit, you’ll also become part of our ongoing community projects. Each of these projects is designed to address the needs of the local community. From Conservation to Childcare, you’ll be helping to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Join us on our Global Gap Year programme and gain international travel while giving back as a volunteer on this once-in-a-lifetime trip.