We’ll work with you to create a custom schedule that fits the unique needs of your group. Before your trip, our experienced staff will walk you through the details, including fundraising, planning, pre-departure, and what to expect. We’ll even come and meet with your group to discuss everything that you needed to know. Our full-time local staff will then be with you on the ground from when you arrive at the airport until you leave at the end of your trip. They’ll provide assistance, answer questions and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
Whether you’re a family or a group of friends, a teacher looking to organise a school trip abroad, or a company looking for a more meaningful, team-building trip, our dedicated team will work with you to plan your perfect overseas experience. It doesn’t matter whether you join the project for a week, a month or even longer, the work that your group does will make a difference, because it’s all part of a bigger picture. Get in touch with Projects Abroad to find the project and destination that is best for you.
Why Organise a Group Trip Through Projects Abroad?
- We offer great flexibility and variety, and our projects run year-round. This means you can choose your start date and project duration.
- Projects Abroad offer a wide range of programmes, including Healthcare, Building, Conservation, Sports, and more.
- Each Group Trip is catered to your needs and interests. When you book, you can let us know if you have any special requests, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
- Our projects can be tailored to your curriculum, so whether you’re looking to cover a specific biology topic or you have a checklist that needs to be completed for university, we'll work with you and your educational advisor to accommodate this.
- We have dedicated support staff in each country to ensure a smooth and professional experience. They're available 24/7 to assist you with anything you might need and they’ll be there to give you a comprehensive induction and orientation.
- Before you go, our staff can meet with your group (in person or virtually) so that everyone is prepared and ready for their trip. This is the perfect time to get fundraising advice, ask questions, and customise your schedule.
- We can provide any health & safety, curricular or support documentation that you need, as well as advice on fundraising, visas, and even help booking flights.
- The price of your Group Trip covers three meals a day, accommodation, airport transfers, transport to and from your placement, project materials, staff support, cultural tours, and weekend excursions.
- In your time off on weekends, we'll organise exciting activities and trips so that you can all make the most of your time in-country.
Types of Groups
Over the last decade, we’ve organised group volunteer opportunities abroad for people from various backgrounds and institutions around the world. Whether it's school expeditions, companies rewarding their employees, or families looking to give something back on their next holiday, we’ve worked with them all. As Projects Abroad is a global organisation, these groups are from all over the world. In recent years we have worked with many groups from the UK, Australia, the United States, Canada, Europe, China, the UAE, and Japan.
Since 2011, these have included over 150 school and college volunteer trips, over 100 university trips, various scout and girl guide volunteer groups, corporate trips for global companies, and a various families.
Each type of group is unique in its own way and will therefore come with differing needs and levels of customisation. If you know what type of groups yours will be and you want to find out more about how we can tailor a trip just for you, please click on the appropriate link below to find out more.
School & College Groups
Our school & college group trips are designed around your curriculum to provide your students with a challenging, worthwhile, and eye-opening experience overseas. We believe that we can provide the best group volunteer abroad programmes for students.
Whether it’s to give something back, learn new skills, explore a new part of the world, or gain practical work experience for your degree, we’ll make sure you have the best experience when you volunteer abroad. University students can be safe knowing that we will organise everything for them.
Scout & Girl Guide Groups
Whether you’re a Scouts volunteer, a Girl Guiding leader, a Young Farmer, or an Air Cadet, we’ll organise a trip that is bespoke for your group and provides everything you need to watch your group give back and grow as individuals.
Our corporate volunteer programmes are designed to give you and your colleagues a unique bonding experience helping people and communities in need, all in the comfort of knowing that Projects Abroad will take care of everything so that you can continue with your work. This is perfect opportunity to help your CSR and perhaps even reward your employees.
Group Case Studies
Year after year, we send volunteer groups from all walks of life to experience unique and customised, overseas mission trips. Many groups and schools even book multiple trips every year. We work tirelessly to make sure that we offer the best group volunteer opportunities abroad, but don’t just take our word for it!
Have a read through group reviews and testimonials below to find out what others think. See what they experienced, what work they completed, and what suggestions they have for you and your group when deciding on your volunteer project overseas.
- Canadian International School
- Welham Girls School
- Welham Boys School
- BMS College of Architecture in Bangalore
Read further reviews here:
- Vicki, Warwickshire Girl Guides leader (Trip to Mongolia)
- Raphael, student at the Jewish Free School (Trip to Costa Rica)
- Ryan, student at Methodist College (Trip to Tanzania)
- Sarah, student at Grangemouth High School (Trip to Ghana)
- Norma, student at St Anne's Catholic High School (Trip to Costa Rica)
- Amy, Anglia Girl Guide (Trip to Nepal)
If you’d like to find out more directly from one of the teachers or group leaders, please get in touch with us. We’ll be more than happy to put you in touch with them so that you have the chance to speak with someone who has not only been away with us, but has experienced the project that you’re interested in!
What do others say?
"Projects Abroad is an embodiment of professionalism and excellent organisational skills. My main goal was to achieve all the CAS learning outcomes by students participating in a range of activities that cover the 3 strands of CAS which is Creativity, Activity and Service. Projects Abroad had activities planned and organised in an excellent time frame which enabled the students to achieve these goals. My students and parents are totally happy with the experiential learning that their children experienced in Krabi. The tears at the Care and Community centre speak a lot. The activities were very well-organised by Projects Abroad which gave the students of CIS ample time to plan strategies for the activities at the Care centre. Safety measures were very well taken care of by them which is evident from the snorkelling activity. The team of Projects Abroad are very disciplined and helpful. It was a privilege for me and the students of CIS to have had this opportunity to be at Krabi with the team of Projects Abroad. CIS hopes to do many more group trips with Projects Abroad."
Ms. Asha Samuel - CAS Coordinator, Canadian International School, Bangalore