We offer a wide range of projects for school and college groups, taking the pressure off you. Let us organise safe, rewarding, and memorable trips. Students can gain academic credit, earn service hours, and leave a positive impact on local communities.
Here are some of our most popular projects that are perfect for schools and groups:
We’ve specialised in volunteer trips abroad since 1992. Starting in 2011, we’ve increasingly focused on offering bespoke group trips, perfect for schools like yours. Our trips are flexible and tailor-made to fit in with the unique goals of each school or college.
Here’s a video of school students on a Teaching Project in Cambodia. Discover how fun and rewarding school volunteer trips can be:
Why Are We the Best for School Group Trips?
We may have only specialised in group trips since 2011, but the core values we’ve embodied from our founding in 1992 have long attracted schools and colleges. When you book a group trip with us, your trip will be:
- Safe: We provide 24/7 staff support from the moment volunteers arrive. Not only are we a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge holder, but all of our placements are fully researched, safety audited, and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector. Learn about our COVID-19 measures and safety procedures.
- Hassle-Free: We do most of the organisation, so you don’t have to. Our aim is to take the stress out of travel, supporting your role as a school leader. Discover our hassle-free approach.
- Impactful: Our trips aren’t typical holidays. They’re designed to leave a lasting impact on local communities and build the skills of students and teachers. Read about our impact.
- Flexible: Every school and college is different. Let’s discuss how we can cater to your needs and build a trip that enhances your curriculum. Choose where you go, when you go, how long you travel, and what volunteer work you complete.
Schools We’ve Worked With
We have strong ties with a number of schools just like yours. Here are just some of the schools we’ve worked with in the past:
- St Anne's Catholic High School (UK)
- Dunshaughlin Community College (Ireland)
- Canton High School (USA)
- The Cathedral Grammar School (New Zealand)
- Jindabyne Central School (Australia)
- St Mildred's-Lightbourn (Canada)
- Greenwood High (India)
- Lycée la Providence (France)
- Bergen Katedralskole (Norway)
- Torekällgymnasiet (Sweden)
- Le Rosey (Switzerland)
- Ajyal International School (United Arab Emirates)
- Nansha College Preparatory Academy (China)
For a deeper insight into the experience of volunteering abroad as a school group, read this case study, which follows Capel Manor College completing conservation work in Peru.
Or view Capel Manor's experience for yourself:
We provide everything you need to prepare for and complete your school project abroad. Our How It Works page has more information on what our project prices include.
For school trips, in particular, we want to listen to your concerns and customise accordingly. We cater to your unique needs by ensuring the price of our trips covers accommodation for the duration of the stay, three meals per day, drinking water, and all ground transportation.
Beyond this, the cost of your trip includes:
- One free staff place for every nine students that travel
- Excursions, cultural activities, and social events
- A fully customisable bespoke itinerary
- A comprehensive information pack on request
- An in-person or online talk before you sign-up
- A Q&A presentation for students, parents, and teachers
- A full risk assessment for every group trip
- Support from application to departure
- 24/7 staff support for the duration of your trip
- Fundraising advice
- Assistance with booking flights
- Comprehensive induction and orientation upon arrival
- A custom-made reflective journal
How to Get Started
Ready to take the next step? Here’s the process to help you begin the journey towards an unforgettable school volunteering trip.
- Get in touch to let us know which projects you’re interested in.
- We’ll get to know your ambitions and needs as a school or college.
- Once you have a shortlist of projects, we’ll send over a detailed proposal and itineraries.
- Submit your application form.
- Begin your preparations and fundraising with our support.
- Head out on your adventure!
- Come back with a sense of pride, new skills, and memories to last a lifetime.
What Others Say
"The opportunity to learn about a world very different from their own, in a safe and supportive environment, is the hallmark of a Projects Abroad experience. This company offers a complete experience with impressive attention to detail from start to finish. The professionalism of the Projects Abroad staff, both in the field and at the head offices, is commendable, reliable and totally reassuring to both school administrators and parents as we coordinate these wonderful experiences for our students"
- Judy Ross, Director of External Studies, St. Mildred's-Lightbourn School
“Taricaya the reserve was great as was the entire project; all the students experienced all elements of the itinerary as promised! They are a phenomenal team with such a clear aim and cause being promoted for indigenous wildlife and in situ conservation. The project was well organised and had a good flow as all of our students were constantly occupied either conducting surveys, caring for the animals in the rehabilitation reserve or being lectured on conservation methods. The staff are incredible and accommodating. We were thrilled with it all and cannot wait to return to the Peruvian rainforest! Such a great, great experience!”
- Evangelos Achilleos, Teacher from Capel Manor College
Looking to Book a School Volunteer Trip?
Want to discuss your options?
Reach out today!
or email:Get in Touch
to start planning your project