Project Manager - Cambodia
Vacancy for: Project Manager
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re looking for a Project Manager, to join the Cambodia team. The main purpose of the role is to be a liaison with volunteers and to provide additional support, workshops and assistance to volunteers across all projects. You will support Project Coordinators and build an excellent working relationship with our partners, to ensure our work is worthwhile for both the local community and the volunteers. The Project Manager, along with the Operations Manager, will supervise, manage and assist all project coordinators and ensure that placement information and quality are maintained.
Your role will lead to busy daily schedules with placement visits, volunteer workshops, emails and communications with overseas offices and updating relevant information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, advertising, coordinating and conducting workshops and events for volunteers, and documenting their results
• Managing and responding to volunteer issues and concerns in a timely , tactful and effective manner with relevant documentation
• Overseeing and supporting all volunteer inductions and induction procedures
• Ensuring notes are appropriately maintained and consistently updated
• Managing and supporting project coordinators (including providing extra assistance to coordinators where volunteers require it)
• Assisting with communications and marketing tasks, including the production of content for marketing purposes
• Monitoring accommodation and transport standards in coordination with relevant staff
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Management, Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field
• Have at least 2 years’ experience in a related field
• Be competent in the use of MS Office and the Internet
• Have excellent communication skills: both spoken and written English proficiency are a requirement; the ability to speak Khmer would be an advantage
• Have the ability to take initiative, make independent judgements/decisions
• Be able to prepare and conduct workshops
• Have spent a significant amount of time working or travelling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
• Be creative, self-reliant and flexible
You will be on a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
The exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Please complete the online application form and upload a two-page CV and a cover letter.