Flight Sales Consultant
Vacancy for: Flight Sales Consultant
Based: Guadalajara, Mexico
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are currently looking for a Flight Sales Consultant to be in charge of booking flights and provide personalized service to our volunteers (and staff when needed). The Flight Sales Consultant will ensure volunteers receive the best flight routes and quotes, and will be responsible for updating flights onto Projects Abroad’s global system as well as updating travel invoices.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use Amadeus and/or our agents online booking systems to search for best flights and quotes for our clients (volunteers).
- Use your own travel experience to assist with clients queries and engage with clients to meet their individual travel needs via emails and phone calls.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with foreign Travel Agents.
- Answer travel related questions and queries.
- Log travel arrangements from clients who decided to book their own flights.
- Create and update travel invoices.
- Record and log the source for each client’s enquiry, booking or contact accurately.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level at all times.
- Use sound judgement to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer.
- Keep our clients informed of schedule changes, flight changes and cancellations.
- Support our other travel offices when needed.
- Hold a Diploma preferably in Travel/Tourism, Business Administration, and/or Communication.
- Be proficient in Amadeus or other related booking systems and experience in a customer service role preferably in the travel sector.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, emails and Internet Savvy.
- Have exceptional customer service skills.
- Have worldwide geography knowledge & travel experience.
- Have experience in the travel sector, preferably as a travel agent.
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy giving advice and clear instructions to people.
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Adapt at working as part of a team.
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to passing a 3 month probation. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interviews.
Please complete the online application form and upload a cover letter and CV.