Finance Officer - Mongolia
Vacancy for: Finance Officer
Based: Ulanbaatar, Mongolia
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.
We’re looking for a Finance Officer to help prepare regular financial reports for Projects Abroad offices around the world.
- The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with Financial director, UK financial managers, RO directors.
- Preparing all the necessary documents for overseas recruitment offices in our server, entering the transactions into TAS, doing monthly bank reconciliation report for the checking account, doing cost reports on a quarterly basis.
- Preparing monthly budgets, conducting monthly budget analysis and checking receipts along with bank statements for our destination offices.
- Register all information regarding volunteers’ invoices, payments and refunds into the accounting software
- Checking volunteers’ travel payments and invoices
- Preparing volunteers insurance payments
- Developing and implementing new ideas to increase finance team’s achievements
- Additional financial reports as requested.
- Any other duties assigned
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Financial Management
- Proven financial analysis skills
- Time-efficiency and a systematic working methodology
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problem-solving strategies and new tasks
- English fluent
- IT literacy: Word, Excel and the Internet
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet deadlines
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.